Fried chicken is an easy to make and easy to eat dish. This recipe is very simple so I think it’s suitable for students, and also for a family dinner. I learn this recipe of marinating and frying the chicken using the oven from my mom. The finished chicken is very tasty and fragrant, and you don’t have to use any oil for frying since the chicken will cook in its own fat in the oven, so it is that much healthier.
At the end of the post, I will introduce some more recipes for marinating and frying chicken, so that you can change this dish according to your liking.
Công thức tiếng Việt: Cánh gà rán xì dầu & Một vài cách ướp và chiên/rán gà
* Ingredients: (for 2 person, assuming it’s served with rice and each person consume 2 wings)
- 4 chicken wings
- 2/3 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (can be replaced with 1 cloved of garlic, minced)
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp chili powder
1. Chop the wings at the joints, marinate with all the spices for at least 1 hour.
You can adjust the spices according to your taste. I suggest mixing all the spices in a separate bowl and tasting it before adding to the chicken.
2. Place the chicken wings on an oven safe tray. Turn the oven on to 185°C and place the tray in for about 30 minutes, turning the chicken half way through, until the chicken turn to a golden brown color and the skin is crispy.
If you don’t have an oven, you can heat up some oil in a small sauce pan on medium heat (the oil should be enough to cover at least ½ of the wings). Drop the chicken wings in and fry until it’s golden on one side, then turn to the other side.
I will now introduce some other recipes that I know and usually use for marinating and frying my chicken. These following recipes are also for 4 chicken wings.
Recipe 1: Honey fried chicken
- 1 ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 shallot, minced (can be substituted with 1 /2 tbsp of shallot powder)
Recipe 2: Fried chicken wings in spicy butter sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil (can be substituted with normal oil)
- 15g butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
1. Marinate the chicken wings with salt and sesame oil for at least 1 hour. Fry them in oil on medium heat until golden brown. Place them on several layers of paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
2. In a medium frying pan, melt the butter on medium high heat. When the butter in completely melted, put the minced garlic in and give it a stir. Next mix in the rest of the ingredients. Finally drop the fried chicken wings in and stir so that the sauced evenly coated the chicken.
Recipe 3: Fried chicken wings in pineapple sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 slice of pineapple, 1cm thick
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt, pepper, sugar to taste
1. Marinate the chicken with salt and garlic powder for at least 1 hour. Fry them in oil on medium heat until golden brown. Place them on several layers of paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
2. Mince the pineapple, heat with water in a medium frying pan on medium high heat. Depend on the sweetness of the pineapple, adjust and season to your taste. When the mixture reaches a boil, drop in the chicken wings in and stir so that the sauce evenly coated the chicken.
These are some of the recipes I know and usually use 😀 hope you guys will like it.