I have a guest over at my house last week so I didn’t really have time to set up and cook something too fancy (because I spent time…hanging out ). So today I will introduce an easy and quick recipe using chicken breast.
Chicken breast, for me, is always a hard part to cook, because this is the part of the chicken with the least amount of fat, so to cook it without drying it out and taking away all the juiciness is a big problem. One of the solutions I’ve found is Pandan chicken, and another is this Popcorn chicken recipe.
The breats is marinated before dredging in flour and deep frying so it’s very flavorful and even though is it deep froed, the time taken for it to be cooked is quite fast (since the chicken is cut into bite size already), so personally I find that the meat doesn’t absorb too much of the oil. Furthermore the meat is protected by a layer of panko (breadcrumbs) so it is cooked just right and stays juicy. With this recipe I can easily consume 2 pieces of chicken breasts ^.^
Công thức tiếng Việt: Gà popcorn
* Ingredients: (for 2 people)
- 300g chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon milk/water
- 2 tablespoon panko (breadcrumbs)
1. Dice chicken breast into bite size pieces, marinate with the spices for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
2. Prepare 3 bowls in this following order: Flour – Egg lightly whisked with milk/water – Panko. Roll each chicken piece in flour, then dip in the egg mixture, and finally cover with panko.
3. Deep fry on medium high heat (I used electric stove, at 4/6) until the panko crust turn a golden brown color. Take the chicken out and put on some paper towel to drain the excel oil. Serve hot.